People Quote People - The Death of the Author 2.0
2007. Engraved white marble. 30x19x4cm each.
» Website: PeopleQuotePeople
- Press Release on 10th October 2007
- Press pictures in high-res
- Interview for Rhizome portal. 2012
- Interview for Neural magazine. 2010
Selected press coverage
- Uncopy, review, 2012, U.S.
- Springering, review, 2007, Austria
- Neural, interview, 2007, Italy
- P2P Foundation, review, 2007, UK
This work explores plagiarism and authorship in the era of the creative economy, with its attendant profusion of artistic creations and their remixes. In this artwork the quotations are no longer attributed to the correct authors. On the mock website, quotations are continually and randomly reassigned to different authors, spreading online misquotations as a form of liberation from the fixation on authorship. The offline installation reflects the new "death of the author" through engraved slabs of marble with historical misquotations about plagiarism in creative works.
Installation at Nothing Political, Komplot - Bruxelles, 2010.
| | | | | | | |